Resilience and recovery from PTSD
PTSD Symptoms and Trauma Counseling
Counseling in Lakewood, CO (6th Ave and S. Union Blvd.) and in Centennial, CO (Denver Tech Center)
Are you struggling to find peace during your nights? Do you find yourself trapped in the painful loop of suffering or trauma that replays incessantly in your mind? Are you constantly on edge, feeling anxious or restless? Do even the smallest triggers send you spiraling into memories of distress, leaving you with a sense of unease or sadness? Are you avoiding joyful experiences because of the fear or anxiety that something dreadful might occur? Rest assured, you are not alone. Life often presents us with hurdles and unexpected turns that can be immensely challenging to navigate. However, there is hope for relief from these symptoms through trauma therapy, particularly Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy.
Traumatic experiences are unfortunately quite prevalent in our lives, and their effects can lead to conditions such as PTSD, complex trauma, anxiety, or depression. Whether you have endured early childhood abuse or prolonged mistreatment, we specialize in providing the necessary support and guidance. Our team of experts incorporates EMDR therapy, a highly effective treatment method. EMDR therapy helps process and heal the deep wounds of trauma by utilizing bilateral stimulation techniques. We offer this transformative therapy to military veterans, women, men, teenagers, and children, tailoring the treatment to address the specific symptoms and challenges associated with trauma.
- prolonged sadness
- feelings of hopelessness
- poor appetite or overeating
- inability to sleep well or sleeping too much,
- difficulty concentrating
- lack of motivation or lack of energy
- thoughts of hurting yourself
Call (303) 221-1272 for a 15 minute free initial phone consultation. You may also email us to schedule a time to talk over the phone. We are happy to answer any questions you may have so that you can feel confident starting your path to healing.
- What Is the Best PTSD Treatment for a Young Teenager?Addressing PTSD in a young teenager requires a comprehensive and sensitive approach. In most cases, it’s very crucial to consult with a qualified healthcare provider to determine the best course of action for each individual … Read more
- How Important It Is to Get a Proper PTSD Treatment for Your ChildIf you suspect your child is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), the importance of getting proper treatment cannot be overstated. PTSD is a serious mental health condition that can have a profound impact on … Read more
- What Is Adoption Trauma? And How Does It Affect a Person?The emotional complexities of adoption are not always easy to untangle. Many adoptees are welcomed into safe, loving homes and feel supported by their adoptive families. However, even adoptees who are placed in ideal situations deal with adoption trauma.