Resilience and recovery from PTSD
PTSD Symptoms and Trauma Counseling
Counseling in Lakewood, CO (6th Ave and S. Union Blvd.) and in Centennial, CO (Denver Tech Center)
Are you having difficulty sleeping at night? Have you experienced suffering or trauma, large or small, that keeps replaying in your mind? Do you feel anxious or fidgety? Do small things trigger memories of an unpleasant or particularly difficult experience and leave you feeling nervous or depressed? Do you find yourself avoiding fun events because of fear or anxiety that something dreadful will happen? You are not alone. Life has hurdles and surprises that are sometimes very hard to handle. You may be able to gain some relief from these symptoms using our PTSD counseling or PTSD therapy.
Most people experience some form of trauma during their lives, and many people struggle with the effects of trauma and crisis that can result in PTSD, complex trauma, anxiety or depression. If you are struggling with having experienced early childhood abuse, or prolonged abuse, we are specialists that can help. We work with military veterans, women, men, teens and children for counseling and treating PTSD symptoms.
- prolonged sadness
- feelings of hopelessness
- poor appetite or overeating
- inability to sleep well or sleeping too much,
- difficulty concentrating
- lack of motivation or lack of energy
- thoughts of hurting yourself
Call (303) 221-1272 for a 15 minute free initial phone consultation. You may also email us to schedule a time to talk over the phone. We are happy to answer any questions you may have so that you can feel confident starting your path to healing.
- What Is Complex PTSD And What are The Symptoms?Complex PTSD is a form of post-traumatic stress disorder that develops as a response to a specific type of trauma. Complex PTSD usually develops by experiencing prolonged trauma. The signs or symptoms of both Complex PTSD and PTSD will usually begin within three months after the trauma occurred. The signs and symptoms can last up to years if left untreated.
- How to Stop NightmaresMany people struggle to determine how to stop nightmares because sleep is precious and nightmares can be debilitating, impacting work, relationships and physical health. You wake up confused, scared or sad, and to top it…
- Understanding PTSD SymptomsThe experience of having PTSD symptoms (Posttraumatic Stress Disorder) can be overwhelming and frustrating for someone who has experienced a traumatic event. With PTSD, the feelings of anxiety and depression are compounded by being easily…