Caring counseling for children.
Are you concerned with some of your child’s behaviors? Does your child have difficulty managing strong emotions? Does your child struggle with behavior tantrums, social situations, or following the rules? Do you have a child who struggles to get along with their siblings or peers?
All children are different. Just as children have different strengths, they also differ in their skill abilities and learning styles. It can be challenging as a parent to realize that certain parenting techniques may have worked well with one child, but are not working so well with another?
We can help….
The therapists at Greenwood Counseling Center specialize in child counseling, family counseling and parenting coaching. At Greenwood Counseling Center we believe that children are innately good and do the best they can with the skills they have. Child counseling is often needed when a child is lacking a particular skill to successfully navigate the tasks and challenges of daily life. In other cases, family counseling or parenting coaching may be the most helpful in helping you to reclaim harmony in your family.
Does your child struggle with any of the following:
- Difficulty maintaining focus?
- Difficulty considering the outcomes or consequences of their actions (impulsivity)?
- Difficulty expressing their thoughts, needs, or wants in words?
- Difficulty managing their emotional response to frustration?
- Difficulty attending to, or accurately interpreting social cues?
- Difficulty solving problems or considering a wide range of solutions to any given problem?
- Chronic irritability or anxiety?
- Difficultly seeking attention in appropriate ways?
- Difficulty empathizing with others?
- Difficulty connecting with peers, starting conversations, or entering into groups?
- Inflexible, inaccurate interpretations of events (cognitive distortions), such as “It’s not fair,” or “Everyone is out to get me?”
Call (303) 221-1272 for a 15 minute free initial phone consultation. You may also email us to schedule a time to talk over the phone. We are happy to answer any questions you may have so that you can feel confident starting your path to healing.
- When Your Child Won’t SleepAre you exhausted because your child won’t sleep? Does your child struggle to fall asleep at night? Have you found yourself in an endless, exhausting bedtime routine with your child and you are unsure of…
- Helping Children Manage Anxiety Following School ShootingsIn the wake of recent school tragedies, many people are asking how to best help children manage anxiety following school shootings. Parents across the country are struggling to find the best ways to address their…
- Anxiety in Kids: Helping Your Child Manage Their WorriesIf you have a child who struggles with anxiety, it can be challenging to know how to best help them to cope and recover from it. Children may become clingy or defiant, reclusive, tired…